President/CEO of Economic Development
Logan County Area Chamber of Commerce
|1. Job Title:
- President/CEO of Economic Development
|2. Reports to:
- Logan County Chamber and Community Improvement Corporation
|3. Nature of Work:
- The President/CEO of Economic Development is an exempted FLSA position under the direction of, and at-will to, the Logan County Chamber Board. The position provides executive level formulation of strategic planning and on-going leadership and expertise to sustain and develop Bellefontaine & Logan County’s economy. This person will also be tasked with promoting economic development by collaborating with both county and city governments to foster a positive environment for business development. The position, as chief executive of the Logan County Chamber of Commerce, is responsible for facilitating, promoting and ensuring community and economic development in order to secure opportunities for businesses and increasing local employment.
|4. Essential Functions:
- Implement the County & City Economic Development Strategy (EDS). Update and revise the plan as required. Provide direction and assistance to the Implementation Team.
- Promote business growth and development throughout Logan County & Bellefontaine by implementing the EDS.
- Manage an effective retention and expansion program and report back to the state.
- Maintain and promote an expansive list of properties for development. Identify and expand a base of development ready properties.
- Maintain a list of prospects, contacts, and leads interested in Bellefontaine & Logan County properties.
- Serve as the President/CEO of the Logan County Community Improvement Corporation, (CIC) and the Bellefontaine Finance & Development Authority (BFDA). Provide high level oversight of Chamber & Visitor Bureau operations and finances, committees include: Workforce Collaborative Taskforce, and Higher Education.
- Serves as the Enterprise Zone Manager for Bellefontaine & Logan County, Bellefontaine Community Reinvestment Areas (CRA’s) and TIFF’S.
- Maintains relationship with the Ohio Development Services Agency and Jobs Ohio to develop and package incentive deals and facilitate available loans/grants for industry and local communities.
- Conducts various economic studies (wages, benefits, workforce, utilities, public services, taxes, and the like) that can be utilized by existing and potential business/industry and development projects.
- Participates in State and national economic development and planning associations and activities such as Ohio Economic Development Association (OEDA), Columbus Chamber of Commerce, Columbus 2020, Mid-Ohio Development Exchange (MODE), LUC Planning Commission Board, Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC) and community boards as necessary.
- Maintain the necessary avenues of communications (networks) to properly inform the various agencies, governments, businesses, and the public within Logan County on economic development issues.
- Further small business development by providing support and direction, including facilitating available resources through the Small Business Administration and Tec Columbus.
- Report to the County Commissioners and Bellefontaine City Council at least once each month and other governmental organizations as may be required.
- Ensure the County’s economic development efforts are concentrated among and between governmental organizations.
- Develops knowledge of existing business climate.
- Reviews and makes recommendations on proposed development plans.
- Assists in the development of financial incentive programs.
- Responds to inquiries from the business community and general public regarding development activities.
- Prepares staff reports on development activities.
- Makes presentations and reports to public and private sector entities on economic development.
- Assists in the expediting of plan review and permit coordination for targeted development projects.
- Provides tours and inspection of land sites available for development.
- Assists existing and prospective employers in identifying means and methods of obtaining public and/or private assistance for start-up or expansions.
- Develop plans on how the community can participate in the Smart Mobility and advanced technology initiatives through Columbus Smart City and the US 33 Technology Corridor. Also participate in the regions Digital & Broadband Infrastructure Taskforce.
|5. Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, economics, or related field is required.
- Three years of professional experience in economic development or related fields, preferable in a role supporting county and/or municipal government.
- Economic Development certification is preferred.
- Graduate degree in a related field is a plus.
- State of Ohio driver’s license, ability to drive, is required.
- Residency within Logan County is required within nine months of date of hire.
|6. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of economic development financing.
- Knowledge of economic development, redevelopment, and downtown development principles and practices, including administration and management.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and economic development incentives
- Knowledge of commercial and industrial development.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to perform cost/befit analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, and in writing.
- Ability to prepare oral presentations and deliver effective speeches in front of large audiences.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Ability to lead meetings and motive members, take effective notes and produce thorough meeting minutes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the local business community, government officials, and community organizations.